The first annual Island Strong Beach Fest celebrates Grand Isle’s recovery with a live music festival on July 15 and 16, 2022
The first annual Island Strong Beach Fest is a two-day festival featuring live music, food, craft booths and various other vendors that will support Grand Isle’s recovery from Hurricane Ida. All proceeds go to rebuilding Grand Isle’s recreational facilities. The festival will take place on the beach across from the Grand Isle Community Center and Birch Lane beach crossover #19.
“We have come a long way in the months following Hurricane Ida. Island Strong Beach Fest celebrates the resilience of our community and helps raise awareness for the work that still needs to be done for us to fully recover,” said Grand Isle Mayor David Camardelle. “We welcome everyone to come down to enjoy some live music on the beach. We also encourage you to come down to stay a weekend, book a fishing trip or patronize a local business. Everyone has a role to play in this recovery.”
Friday, July 15:
- 5:00 p.m. Gates Open – DJ
- 5:30 to 7:30 – Rockin’ Dopsie & The Zydeco Twisters
- 8:00 p.m. to 11 p.m. – Nashville South
Saturday, July 16:
- 10:00 a.m. Gates Open – DJ
- 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Aaron Foret
- 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – JR. Lacrosse & Sumtin Sneaky
- 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. – Shorts in December featuring Gordon Bradberry
- 8:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. – Velvet Sky
Island Strong Beach Fest was organized by the town of Grand Isle, Councilman Brian Barthelemy, his wife Dana Barthelemy and Matt Rivere to help in the island’s recovery by raising funds for the town’s recreational facilities. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact the festival at email@example.com. More information at www.townofgrandisle.com.